The ACFRT is dedicated to the core objective of funding research into the treatment and cure of cystic fibrosis (CF). The ACFRT has established a dynamic and effective research grant model and to identify a broad range of grant recipients.
The ACFRT is also committed to including consumers in their research strategy and evaluation process.
In 2017 the ACFRT launched its revised research strategy and the ACFRT remains committed to the core objectives of:
- funding research into the treatment and cure of CF
- improving quality of life outcomes for people with CF
- attract the brightest young minds to CF research and fund innovative, even novel concepts
- reduce the fracturing of CF research funds
- ensure research is selected on scientific merit and path to impact.
The ACFRT has focused on the establishment of a robust and effective research grant model that incorporates both scientific peer reviews and consumer reviews. Current research initiatives include:
- Innovation grants for post doctorial research that explores novel concepts at the initial feasibility stage - $80,000 pa
- ‘Top Up’ scholarships for post-graduate students involved in CF research - $10,000 pa
- ‘Think Tanks’ facilitated by respected CF leaders bringing together a group of bright young minds, experienced CF professionals and consumers to consider the big issues facing the CF community
- Ann Maree Bosch Fellowship for early career scientists to facilitate CF researchers learning new techniques and establishing research collaborations - $10,000
- CF State and Territory organisation collaborations supporting a co-ordinated research approach.
Cystic Fibrosis Australia and the Australian Cystic Fibrosis Research Trust are committed to involving the CF community in research evaluation and grant divesting, monitoring and evaluating.
If you would like to provide a consumer review or join a Think Tank please contact CFA. The Australian Cystic Fibrosis Research Trust is managed by Cystic Fibrosis Australia.
If you would like to support the Australian Cystic Fibrosis Research Trust, make a donation today and know you are helping fund some of the worlds most cutting edge research.