Cystic Fibrosis Australia (CFA) has a long history of dedicated fundraisers who have set themselves a challenge to do their bit to change the world. By choosing to fundraise for CFA, you are choosing to fund research, you are choosing to help us extend life expectancy for people with cystic fibrosis (CF), you are choosing to help us fight for access to the best and most current treatments. We need your help!
You can start a fundraising page here>
Ready to get started? Want more information?
We are excited that you are interested in fundraising for CF research! To get started:
SMALL CHANGE CAN MAKE A BIG IMPACT
Are you ready to be part of something bigger than yourself?
BECOME A REGULAR GIVER - JOIN TODAY
Anyone, anywhere can be a Changemaker. These are people who are willing to take action to support the cystic fibrosis (CF) community now and into the future. Whether you are a person with CF, a parent, spouse, sibling, friend, or colleague – we invite you to become a Changemaker.
Regular donations allow Cystic Fibrosis Australia (CFA) plan for the future and provides stability to the people we help. Funding goes directly into supporting the advocacy and collaboration we perform with health service providers, research groups, government entities, and other chronic disease sectors, to ensure our CF community are continually heard, and are receiving improved clinical and patient outcomes.
Please select a donation amount
$25 $50 $100
can help ensure collaboration with can help support clinical and can help advocate for affordable
health and research groups patient improvements and accessible treatments
or enter your preferred donation amount here
A simple way to look at regular giving
Could you forgo your Coffee Fix to support Cystic Fibrosis?
Lets start by saying, we know how important coffee can be and we are not asking you to stop drinking this wonderful liquid gold.
BUT... did you know the average cost of a (barista made) cup of coffee in Australia is $4. That isn't even including the extra shot (or two) AND the alternate milk.
That $4 a day, over a 5-day working week, over the course of a month, certainly begins to add up!
And this is only counting the one cup of coffee a day.
By looking at how this Small Change can make Big Impact, certainly puts it into perspective!
So we ask, could you forgo your Coffee Fix to support Cystic Fibrosis?
- Providing support
- Advocating needs and challenges
- Collaboration for better results
- Enhancing clinical improvements
- Thanks to our donors, CFA has been able to campaign for change, most recently helping secure Trikafta on the PBS in Australia for those over the age of 12 years and carry at least one F508del mutation.
- This was done through media engagement, press releases, letters to parliament, letters to pharmaceuticals, collaborating with external stakeholders and the community, plus so much more.
- CFA receives no Government Funding and is reliant on the support of the community. Your donation will help CFA:
- Increase quality of life, and life expectancy for someone with CF
- Ensure voices of the CF community are heard at all levels, including nationally and internationally
- Future-proofing the organisation so we can continue to strengthen our programs and support long-term outcomes for people with CF
- Ensure essential research is taking place in the field of CF clinical practice, patient outcomes, extend life expectancy and ultimately work towards a cure.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are my regular donations used?
Your regular donations support long-term outcomes including support programs, advocacy, research, and development for people with CF in Australia.
Why is regular giving important?
Giving on a regular basis, even if it’s a small amount, helps ensure CFA can future plan by providing long-term support to our CF community.
What payment methods are available for regular giving and how do I sign up?
When do the monthly donations get taken?
This depends on when you set up regular giving on your end.
Can I update or change my payment and contact details on the Grassrootz platform?
Yes! If at any time you need to pause, amend or stop these payments, please reach out to our friendly CFA team on [email protected] and we can discuss alternative arrangements or pause or cancel your regular donations. We understand everyone’s financial circumstances can change and we recognise that you must take care of your own needs before you can help those of others.
Will I receive a financial year summary of my donations?
Yes, for donations above $2, a tax receipt will be sent to the nominated email address. We provide an annual summary statement of your regular donations at the end of the financial year. You can expect to receive this mid-late July via email, please be sure to check your junk mail.
Now that I am a Changemaker, how do I stop receiving appeals for donations?
Please contact the team on [email protected] and we can tailor our communications to suit you.