SUPPORT & SERVICES IN THE ACT
At Cystic Fibrosis ACT (Australian Capital Territory), our support services focus on creating independence and reducing the burden of living with cystic fibrosis (CF). This support reaches over 100 individuals living in the ACT and the surrounding region.
Members of CF ACT living with CF (or parents of children with CF) can access financial assistance and other support for the care and treatment of CF. This can include vitamins, medical equipment, sports and fitness equipment, or fees or nutritional supplements.
CF ACT are able to support people living with CF thanks to our supporters. Every donation CF ACT receives, enables us to provide these vital support services, as well as support the ongoing research for people living with CF.
Accessing Members Assistance
- You need to be a current member to apply for member assistance. If you do not have a current membership, please sign up below. Membership is free but does need to be renewed every year.
- Member’s financial assistance is capped at $500 per year, per child (under 16 yrs) and $1,000 per year per adult.
- Receipts with the supplier contacts and ABN must be provided and attached. If you are unable to cover the cost of an item CFACT may be able to pay the supplier on your behalf.
- In some cases further information may be needed from you or the CF Clinic team regarding your request. In this instance a representative from CF ACT will be in contact with you.
BECOME A MEMBER
CF ACT provides membership benefits to residents of the ACT and surrounding areas in NSW who have CF. We also provide support to carers and families and work closely with the local CF specialist medical teams with the goal of better outcomes for all people with CF.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you are confirmed as a CF ACT Member, you can send requests using the Member Request Form.
Please note, requests can take up to ten days to be reviewed.
If You Have Reached Your Financial Assistance Cap
If you have reached your annual financial cap but are in urgent need of support, further assistance will be considered by the Management Committee at their monthly meeting. Financial support beyond the cap is in no way guaranteed.
What is NOT Covered by Members Assistance
Items that are NOT covered include:
- Travelling for medical interventions (please note you can apply for IPTAS)
- Assistance for medications
- Home modifications
- Household bills
- School fees
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and some items will be at the discretion of the Management Committee.
All member requests are now on one form. Please follow the link below to submit your request.
Member Assistance Requests
If you’re a parent please ensure you enter the NAME of the person with cystic fibrosis, including their Member ID (First 4 letters of last name, first initial, YY of birth, DD of birth).
If you have recently changed your address please make sure that you have updated your membership details as items will be shipped to the address on your membership record.
When you select the Members Assistance Request Link below, you will be forwarded to a secure form to submit your request.