Each year our social worker, education officer, physiotherapist and communtiy nurse visit members who live in remote areas of regional WA to offer support and services.
These services include:
- Education and information sessions with families, schools, care facilties and community groups
- Education and information sessions with health professionals including hospital staff and GPs
- Physiotherapy assistance, advice, education and airway clearance programs
- Nursing consultations, information and advice
- Liason with regional hospitals, care providers and HACC workers
- Networking opportunities and support for members who live in the vicinity to get together
- Counselling and network links
- Social work support (ie government assistance support, grant applications)
- We have a Homecare Worker who covers the Bunbury and Busselton areas. With other regions we can assist with linking people to HACC workers for airway clearance support.
Other support for regional families:
- Transportation assistance for siblings/offspring to attend our annual Siblings and Offspring Camp. Click here for more information about this camp.
- Country Patient Assistance Scheme (CPAS), which provides financial assistance for members in regional areas who are travelling to hospital. Click here for more information about or to apply for this subsidy. We would like to thank Telethon for providing the funds for us to provide this service.
- We run an annual Regional Respiratory Training Program aimed to train regional health care providers. For more information click here.
If you are a regional member and would like support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 6457 7348.