Page 14 - TP_Financial_Booklet_A5_V3

Basic HTML Version

7.3 Taxi Users’ Subsidy Scheme (TUSS)
TUSS provides taxi travel at a reduced rate for people who have a severe permanent
disability that will always prevent them using a conventional public transport bus
7.3.1 Eligibility
To be eligible you must:
• Be a permanent resident of Western Australia (proof must be provided by way of
a disability card, aged pension card, drivers licence or a residency visa plus a utility
• Have a severe permanent disability that will always prevent you using a
conventional public transport bus service
• Have a continual disability which falls within one of the specified categories below:
1. Severe permanent mobility disability
2. Severe vision disability (legal blindness)
3. Severe cognitive/intellectual disability
7.4 Incontinence Support
7.4.1 Financial assistance
Most people with incontinence use continence products such as pads, catheters or
bedding protection to manage their condition. Some people require these products on
a long term basis, which can become very expensive, and put unreasonable pressure
on the household budget.
The Australian Government and State and Territory Governments offer a range of
continence subsidy schemes to help offset some of these costs. These schemes have
differing eligibility criteria and funding allocations, which means that you may be able
to apply for funding through several schemes if you are eligible.
Details of these subsidy schemes can be found on this section of the website, or by
contacting a continence nurse advisor at the National Continence Helpline on 1800
33 00 66. The Helpline can also provide you product information and the details of loc
al and national continence product suppliers.
Continence Foundation recommends an assessment by a continence health
professional to ensure that you or the person you are caring for uses the most
appropriate continence product, including the correct fit and application of the
product. To find out the details of your local continence professional contact the
National Continence Helpline.